Their Impeccable service and delivery coverage is not just in the Unites States and Canada but also in more than 200 territories and countries all over the world.
On a daily basis, they deliver around 15 million packages for companies and individuals.
- The UPS was founded in 1907 by two teenagers as American Messenger Company in Seattle
- On 1913 the messaging service was replaced with package deliveries using automobiles for delivering those packages from drug stores and groceries to customers’ homes. The company becomes Merchants Parcel Delivery
- They grew quickly as result of their dedication to their customers and fulfilling their need for grocery and drug deliveries. The company learned what their clients need and with making their job easier they become the right hand for their clients business
- In 1980s UPS also expand their service with air transport with their own airline and by now they get to the 9th place on the list of largest airlines in the world.
- Also, UPS launched the online package tracking in the 1990s
- These days UPS as one of the best trucking companies’ nationwide offers a lot of services such as financing, supply chain management.
UPS tractors trailers are known as ”feeders”. The tractor units are pained brown while the company trailers are painted gray. The tractor units are mostly Mack or Navistar and some are Sterling, Ford, Freightliner and Kenworth trucks.