It provides good mining efficiency and together with the powerful engine and the high-quality braking system becomes one of the most efficient trucks.
100 THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT GPS AND FLEET MANAGEMENT
Hey! I'm George J. Magoci and I will send you a FREE eBook where you can learn 100 Things To Know About GPS and Fleet Management.
Komatsu manufacturers use powerful engines to provide enough power for the electric motors that are mounted to the rear wheels.
These trucks are produced to provide high-quality service operating 365 days in a year. Every piece of Komatsu equipment is designed to fulfill the highest customer expectations.
Here are the specifications of the Komatsu 960E-1/960E-1K:
- (Insulated-Gate Bipolar Transistor) AC electric drive system
- It weight around 635t
- It has Advanced Hill Start
- The Engine Gross horsepower is 2610 kW 3,500 HP
- The Engine is compliant with US EPA regulations for emissions
- Engine of the Komatsu 960E-1/960E-1K is fuel efficient (fuel efficiency is maximized with two-stage turbo charging which provide optimized air handling)
- Komatsu 960E-1/960E-1K has a standard pre-lube system. This system eliminates the increased overhaul and the start up wear
- Traction control
- Tight turning radius of 16m 52′ 6″
- Komatsu 960E-1/960E-1K has low slowing noise
- Reliable hydraulic system
- Brake accumulators
- Steering accumulators
- The truck cabin of the Komatsu 960E-1/960E-1K is spacious which provides excellent visibility
This truck as one of the biggest trucks has diesel/ AC electric powertrain that is made in the US Komatsu America Corp. This truck is not just one of the biggest trucks it is also one of the most efficient trucks for mining purpose.
Six in this list of 10 biggest trucks in the world is Terex MT 5500AC. This truck is used for surface mining. It offers AC drive system with reliable performance designed to meet the needs of the clients.
As one of the biggest trucks with an overall length of 14,87m, width of 9,05m and the loading height of 7,67m have rapid flat speeds, uphill speed, and downhill terrain speed.
- Terex MT 5500AC has beam axle suspension that separates the road stress from the frame
- Terex MT 5500AC is powered with a 3,000HP 4 stroke diesel engine with 16 cylinders
- Maximum speed of Terex MT 5500AC is 64mph
- Have advanced AC drive systems
- IGBT technology
- Reduce Fuel Cost
- Improve reliability
- As one of the biggest trucks, it has very strong frame
For now, I mentioned 4 of the biggest trucks in the world and every one of them has unique specifications that make the truck be more or less desirable.
The Terex MT 5500AC is designed to reduce the fuel cost. Also as I mentioned it have a very strong frame which makes it durable and stable. The importance for this truck is that have a wide network of experienced dealers.
5. Belaz 75710
The Belaz 75710 as one of the biggest trucks is another Belaz production worth to be mentioned. This Belaz 75710 is manufactured in 2013 with 16 chamber turbocharged diesel engines. The Belaz 75710 use electromechanical transmission.
Specifications of Belaz 75710:
- The truck have 8 Michelin tubeless pneumatic tires
- Two diesel generators
- 4 wheel electric motors
- Have setup of two axle with two wheels
- The Belaz 75710 payload capacity is 496 tons
- It is long 67,58 feet (20,6 m)
- Belaz 75710 have turning radius of around 20 meters
- The top speed is 40 mph or 64 km/h
Belaz 75710 instead of a single engine is powered by two 65l 16 cylinder diesel engines. The horsepower of one engine is 2,300 horsepower so with two engines that are working together this truck is getting 4,600 hp.
The existing of two engines and the bigger power is used when the truck is caring the load but when the truck is going to get a load the truck is using only one engine to save on fuel.
The double engine strategy gives double power when the truck is full with load and when it is empty there is no need to use both of the engines so it can switch on 1 engine to save money on fuel.
The concern about the Belaz 75710 is the operating efficiency because it has dulled tires, heavy empty weight and shallow bed.
Caterpillar 797B as another truck among the biggest trucks in the world first entered the market in the October 2002 after the first introduction in summer 2002. The Caterpillar 797B is the second generation of Caterpillar 797 biggest trucks series.
The Caterpillar 797B stayed in production until December 2009 when the new Caterpillar 797F entered the market.
Caterpillar 797B as member of the biggest trucks in the world has these specifications:
- Weight is 33070lb or 15,000kg
- Height of the Caterpillar 797B is 13ft or 4m
- Computer controlled
- Equipped with seven speed planetary transmission
- Internal lock up torque converter
- The Caterpillar 797B uses six 11,680 lb or 5,300 kg radial tires (Michelin 59/80R63 XDR)
- This truck is used for heavy constructions and mining
The Caterpillar 797B is designed specifically for high-production mining and construction sites. With the 7,6m height and the 14,4m length the Caterpillar 797B is perfect for transportation of big quantities at one time which makes it economic and practical.
Get FREE White Paper With 12 Safety Secrets To Know When Driving The Biggest Trucks In The World
Why Caterpillar 797B is among the biggest trucks in the world says the fact that Caterpillar 797B is that large that can’t be driven on the highway. So how this truck is placed in the mining field? The Caterpillar 797B is taken in the working place in pieces and assembled there.
The most recent production from Liebherr is Liebherr T284 which is with innovative design followed by good operational success. All these parameters make this truck not just one of the biggest trucks but also one of the most used trucks.
Specifications of Liebherr T284:
- Liebherr T284 have gross weight of 661t
- Empty truck weight of 237.00 t
- The Engine model is MTU 20V4000 C23
- Option 2 for Engine model is MTU 20V4000 C22
- Option 3 for Engine model is Cummins QSK 78
- The Liebherr T284 payload is around 363 t
- The width of this trucks is 24ft or 7,42m
- Tier 2 for Emissions (USA/EPA)
- Standard tire sizes of Liebherr T284 is 59/80R63
- Optional tire sizes of Liebherr T284 is 56/80R63
- Use Bipolar transistor
- Drive system of this truck is Liebherr Litronic Plus AC drive system with the IGBT technology
- Liebherr T284 have speed of 64mph
- High quality brakes which make it steady and stable
Liebherr T284 is used for mining activities and it is present in every corner of the world. With the great fuel efficiency and the commodity of the cabin, this truck becomes one of the most favorite trucks in the world.
Liebherr has success with the previous trucks that were designed for mining and construction purpose such as Liebherr T 284C.