There a lot of different categories of trucks but among them is the family of biggest trucks in the world. Every trucking service needs specific types of trucks and because of that some of the trucks needed to become so huge that seeing them in person bring us fear.
Before I go further I want to mention the type of trucks that are used for transportation of different type of goods. Each of them has important place in the trucking world.
There are a lot of trucks for different purpose like:
These trucks are all similar but with a different type of trailers used for transporting different types of goods. The most specific truck in the trucking industry is the dump truck or in the construction industry known as haul truck.
Opens box bed is attached to the back side of the truck. This open bed use hydraulic pistons that are used for disposal of dumping material on the required location.
The dump trucks are mostly used for transportation of loose materials:
The biggest trucks that exist on the planet belong to the group of dump trucks/haul trucks, so let’s start with counting:
10. Caterpillar 795F AC
This truck is among the biggest trucks in the world with the width of 8,97m and height of the truck 15,14m. Can you imagine how big this truck is?
Caterpillar 795F AC has the best control and braking system in the industry and it is the first electric truck that is from one manufacturer. Another thing is that the Caterpillar 795F AC has the best dealer network.
Specifications of the Caterpillar 795F AC:
- Caterpillar 795F AC has Cat C175-16 engine model
- Gross Power of the Caterpillar 795F AC is 3400.0 hp
- Net Power is 3188.0 hp
- Stroke – 8.7 in
- Bore – 6.9 in
- Displacement – 5187.0 in3
2. Operating Specifications
- Top Speed -When is Loaded is 40.0 mph
- Nominal Payload Capacity of the Caterpillar 795F AC is 345 ton capacity
- Fully loaded Caterpillar 795F AC weights 570 tons
- GMW (Gross Machine Operating Weight) is 1257000.0 lb
- Turning Circle Clearance Diameter is 127.0 ft
- Turning Diameter ( Front ) is 112.0 ft
- Steer Angle achieve 34.0 Degrees
- The Caterpillar 795F AC Body Weight Range is (84,900-120,000 lb) or 38 500-54 500 kg
- Weight of the Chassis – 445524.0 lb
- Gross Weight (GMW) – Caterpillar 795F AC gross weight is 1257000.0 lb
4. Electrical Standard Equipment of Caterpillar 795F AC
- 150 ampere Brushless Alternator
- 210 ampere hour batteries
- 12 volt Electrical Converted
- Backup Lights
- Hazard Lights
- Rear LED Lights
- Front LED Lights
- Tail LED Lights
As you can see the Caterpillar 795F AC as one of the biggest trucks in the world have great specifications which will give you great power, capacity and great productivity.
His power and the low operating cost make it perfect for mining applications. It has four corner blended retarding and increased driving confidence over the control of the truck.
9. Hitachi EH50000AC-3
Hitachi EH50000AC-3 is the second of the biggest trucks in the world that I want to include in this article. It is made by Hitachi in Las Vegas and in 2012 Hitachi EH50000AC-3 was shipped at MINExpo International.
As one of the biggest trucks in the world have high efficiency and most advanced IGBT AC-Drive system which makes it one of the most advanced mining trucks.
Specifications of Hitachi EH50000AC-3:
1. Dimensions of the Hitachi EH50000AC-3
- Hoist – Twin 3 stage
- Max Height is 296 inches or 7520 mm
- Width – 339 inches or 8610 mm
- Overall Length is 610 inches or 15490 mm
2. Weights of the Hitachi EH50000AC-3
- Gross Vehicle Weight 1102311 lbs or 500000 kg
- Payload 296000 kg or 652567.5 lbs
Get FREE White Paper With 12 Safety Secrets To Know When Driving The Biggest Trucks In The World
3. Hitachi EH50000AC-3 has AC-Drive technology
- The Slip/Slide Control System is anti lock brake system which makes it really important in unsafe conditions
- The pitch control feature for Hitachi EH50000AC-3 as advanced AC-Drive System means reduced bouncing of the truck.
- Another feature when it comes to Hitachi EH50000AC-3 that is not a case for the other biggest trucks is the side control feature that improves the operation of the truck trough slippery conditions while turns.
- The improved IGBT system provides better efficiency
- Electric braking
- The Alternator, the traction motors and the Grid resistors are air cooled
You can see that the Hitachi EH50000AC-3 as one of the biggest trucks in the world have advanced technology for mining trucks. The performance makes this truck have low diesel fuel consumption and low maintenance cost.
The braking system makes it steady and secure which makes it one of the biggest trucks that are reliable and perfect for mining materials.
8. Belaz 75601
Third on this list of biggest trucks in the world is Belaz 75601 it is used for transportation of loosened rocks. The Belaz 75601 truck is used in the construction of facilities and highway systems.
Specifications of Belaz 75601:
- The Belaz 75601 has speed around 64km/h
- It has AC/AC Electromechanical transmission
- Length: 14900 mm
- Height: 7470 mm
- Width: 9450 mm
- Turning Radius is 17,2m
- Fuel Consumption of Belaz 75601 is 198 g/(kW.h)
- On the front wheels and the rear wheels, it has dry disk brakes
- Parking Disk Brakes
- It has Turning Radius 17,2m
The Belaz as one of the biggest trucks in the world is perfect for transportation small rocks from place to place. The Belaz 75601 is used in different areas such as construction highways and roads.
With the excellent braking system becomes one of the most stable which is important for these types of working conditions. The stability makes it one of the most purchased mining trucks.
7. Komatsu 960E-1/960E-1K
Another truck that is classified in the 10 biggest trucks is Komatsu 960E-1/960E-1K and it is one of the most produced trucks of Komatsu.