Always try to convey the real idea upon which is based the foundation of your trucking company.
Recognize Success and Incentivize With A Price
As I mentioned previously, leaders are the ones who set examples.
Straight proportionally all employees want to work in a company that is led by a leader who knows how to recognize the success of their employees and to acknowledges them when they give their best.
Yet, trucking companies should find ways and means how to show to their employees that they recognize the success that they have achieved, and the effort that they put into their work, all with the aim to improve the reputation of the trucking company.
Therefore, a leader can encourage employees in many different ways. One of which is incentivizing them with a certain price.
By incentivizing employees you will see straight away how their motivation is boosting. When I refer to incentivizing employees, I do not refer only to giving them extra money, but as well to providing them gift cards, tickets, extra paid days off, and so on.
Recognizing success, whether through incentivizing your transportation employees with a certain amount of money, or other types of rewards, will bring increased inspiration and motivation.
Include Your Transportation Employees in the Big Decision
Recognizing the success of your transportation employees and providing them incentives can inspire them, yet one more way that trucking company owners can inspire their employees and cause satisfaction is through including them into the big decision.
Many successful trucking companies in the USA have tried this means of inspiration, and have stated that it has created an environment in which their transportation employees have an impact upon the actions that are affecting their careers.
Here is how the employee involvement model should look like:
- Trucking company owner should make a decision and should announce it to their transportation employees- they are as well providing complete direction to them;
- The owner should try to gain commitment and trust from his employees- he should try to do that in a positive manner;
- After he should try to invite his transportation employees to make a decision with him- the voice of the employees should be equally important in the decision process as it is the voice of the owner;
DISCOVER 100 BEST TOOLS TO RUN TRUCKING BUSINESS
Hey! I'm George J. Magoci and I will send you a FREE eBook where you can Discover 100 Best Tools to Run Trucking Business.
Hence, including your transportation employees in the consultation and decision-making process can bring guaranteed trust and inspiration.
So, if you want to inspire your hard working employees do not forget to include them in the big decision-making process.
Specialization Makes Transportation Employees More Committed
Did you know that the employees who are inspired all the time are the ones that are in the situation to learn and gain more skills while performing the job that they love?
Well, inspired transportation employees are the ones who are continually undergoing training and have a proactive support from their trucking company owners.
Specialization not only that makes transportation employees more committed, but as well it makes them increase their productivity and awareness towards the services that they are providing to their clients.
Inspired and committed employees are the ones that are showing a positive behavior all the time. You can notice inspired transportation employees right away.
So, you can see that inspiring your transportation employees through a job design can provide the best results. Taking the approach of job specialization as a means of inspiring truck drivers can bring job enrichment and positive outcome.
Moreover, inspired and committed employees will never leave their trucking career because they are working for a trucking company that is providing them great support and acknowledgment of their work.
Remember that empowerment seems to be one of the contemporary approaches that employ transportation employees more into their careers and increases their inspiration.
Inspire Transportation Employees With Guest Speakers
Did it ever cross your mind inviting guest speakers with the aim to inspire your transportation employees?
Although most of you think that this tip will not help, believe me, you couldn’t be more wrong about this, because company guest speakers turned out to be the perfect solution for trucking company employees who are lacking inspiration and motivation at the same time.
Here are few types of speakers that your trucking company can invite:
- Motivational Speakers- it is difficult to find motivational speakers in the trucking industry, but nevertheless, you can call a motivational speaker that is dedicated to another industry- it does not play a big role because motivational speakers regardless of their dedication to a certain industry can inspire people. Motivational speakers can re-energize your employees.
- Innovational Speakers- Innovational speakers can help your transportation employees focus on general innovation and creativity.
- Skills-Based Speakers- Skills based speakers are the ones that can educate your team about different fields in the trucking industry, and not only that, they can educate them as well about certain skills, such as organization and time-management.
- Informational and industry-specific speakers-Your transportation employees should be up to date with all the rules and regulation changes as well as with industry news and opinions. So, inviting informational and industry-specific speakers will help your truck drivers be up to date and feel closer to all the thing that are going on in the trucking industry.
- Employee Led Speakers- Try to inspire your transportation employees to volunteer to present a speech about a topic of choice.
100 THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT GPS AND FLEET MANAGEMENT
Hey! I'm George J. Magoci and I will send you a FREE eBook where you can learn 100 Things To Know About GPS and Fleet Management.
Thereupon, making your trucking company run effectively requires your transportation employees stay inspired and competitive all the time.
You as a trucking company owner should try to lower the stress level in the daily life activities of your truck drivers and to increase the inspiration among them.
Remember there is a great difference between a boss and a true leader.
True leaders are the ones who will do their best in order to keep their employees satisfied. So a true leader will take the step towards finding the best speaker.
To enumerate, inspiring transportation employees is not that hard after all. There are numerous tips that trucking companies can take action in order to increase employee inspiration and motivation.