In every play we have main characters and people behind the curtain who are taking care of the total picture to be perfect, from the beginning to the end of the play. Dispatchers are people behind the curtain, link between truck drivers and customers or vendors.
For sure without truck drivers this all system will be impossible to manage but without dispatchers it will be a ticking bomb. This group of people have all the strings in their hands, trust me they know which string to pull to make an ideal performance.
We know that in every group there are individuals who are popping out from the rest. The dispatcher who developed special skills and intuition is prodigy of his kind.
Here are few special things that best truck dispatchers do:
Have a software that helps them.
It is very hard to follow the process only by a manual work, it requires a lot of time a lot of concentration a lot of energy and it can be very hard even for the best ones.
Having a program that can assist with this information’s is one step closer to a well done job:
- keeping records of the truck driver daily steps for errors or violations
- following truckers behavior and keeping him legal on the road
- keeping track of the weather where the truck drivers are or headed to
- determine the best delivery methods and negotiate rates
- identify and evaluate any special needs for each load
- advice to the truck driver for construction areas, accidents, traffic problems or other hazards
- prioritize time sensitive cargo
- keeping up with maintenance
- automatic and accurate IFTA calculations
- customer information
- fast generation of invoices
- recorded miles
- automatically sorted fuel gallons by state
- automatic generation of billing details
- plan for delivering the most profitable routes
- record information of who delivered what to were
- keeping the customers happy
- keep your drivers safe
- possibility of making alerts of traffic problems such as construction areas, accidents, congestion, weather conditions, and other hazards
100 THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT GPS AND FLEET MANAGEMENT
Hey! I'm George J. Magoci and I will send you a FREE eBook where you can learn 100 Things To Know About GPS and Fleet Management.
They will recommend the best route to driver
Improve the planning process and make sure your truck drivers are taking the shortest possible route, reducing the number of miles for your truck drivers will help you to have more satisfied customers and will help your company to reduce fuel consumption this steps for sure will help you to run your business more successfully.
They are well informed about the economy
Keeping track on the economy is the best way to prevent your company from unexpected costs:
- Fuel Cost Increases – If your cost for shipment cannot cover fuel costs, driver wages, or the other undercurrent transportation costs, because you missed the information of the sudden increasе of the fuel price, your company will suffer heavy losses
- Demand for trucking – with increased economy expansion proportionally we have increased demands for overall freights
Download FREE eBook: 10 Secret Habits Of Successful Truck Dispatchers
Important task for every dispatcher is to catch on time every economy changes that may influence on the trucking business.
They know their drivers habits
Truck drivers have negative and positive habits. Knowing that your truck driver is :
- responsible driver
- he observe and obey the rules on the road
- complete all necessary documents correctly and accurately
Gives you a sense of security. For this type of driver you need just to make occasional checks, you just give him daily updates and instruction and he will know what to do.
Other types of truck drivers need more checkups or instructions thru the day. Having a bad driving habits can be fatal, if you know which truck driver have bad habits you as a dispatcher can alarm him when he breaks the security regulations.
Some of the truckers have poor planning skill, they can waste time, fuel, money going on the road unprepared.
Advice: follows his route and help him with the required instruction at the right place at the right time.
LEARN 12 SECRET STEPS HOW TO MAKE $950 MORE PER TRUCK / MONTH
Hey! I'm George J.Magoci and I will send you a FREE eBook where you can learn 12 secret steps how to make $950 more truck/month.
Keep track on the hours of service be sure he is doing everything right, do not give him a chance to put his live in danger or to bring the company to an inconvenient situation
Make sure the truck is in perfect condition or react otherwise, regular maintenance gives secure loads.
Providing correct info can be helpful for the company to invest in driver training, to put special attention on specific situation or on the problematic behavior.
They have strong and personal connection with the brokers
Freight brokers are an individual or company, connection between the shipper and the carrier. With a good freight broker in your side you have less worries, that is why strong and personal connections with the brokers are smart thing to do.
Connections they are having with the shippers are useful part for every truck company, they fill the carrier trucks with loads and for that service they earn commission, more work brings more money.
They now all about their company trucks (location)
When you know your truck location, you are able to give support and practical information’s, in this way you will secure effective continuity in your company.
They think one step in advance and start looking for connected loads
Having clear and precise list of the current loads, will give you step ahead to make effective load schedule, be aware of the loads that are nearby and inform the truck driver to pick up those loads, connect them and save time and money.
Imagine how additional cost the company will have if you missed this information. Sending another truck driver in the same location where some of your trucks been before in the same time or short time after is unnecessary cost for the company. Find the best schedule method for shipments.
Improve your planning process, locate, prepare and assign the truck drivers for taking certain loads. This is the reason why a dispatcher must be highly organized and able to handle high amounts of information’s.
Advice: Make your effort to organize your tasks in short concise notes, if it is necessary split your loads in small area columns and be ready to connect that loads at any time.