Valentine’s Day for truck drivers is just as hard as any other holiday because they do not always get the chance to be with their loved ones. Similarly, having a truck driver for a husband is like being in a long-distance relationship.
LEARN 12 SECRET STEPS HOW TO MAKE $950 MORE PER TRUCK / MONTH
Hey! I'm George J.Magoci and I will send you a FREE eBook where you can learn 12 secret steps how to make $950 more truck/month.
Furthermore, being away from your partner leads you to nothing but spicing up your marriage. You would feel the romance blossoming in your relationship. You will have long phone talks, just as you did at the very beginning of your relationship. Thereupon, it will make you more involved in planning the day of celebrating love.
With attention to this, Valentine’s Day for truck drivers may be special for a few reasons. First, they get to see their loved ones and second, they get the chance to rest from the wheel. The distance will actually make Valentine’s Day more exciting than ever. Therefore, start planning ahead and surprise your loved one.
1. For the Love of Love Letters
Just an idea: Go back in the romantic period, when people showed love with love letters.
Sending a handwritten note is doing things the old school way, but old school things are cool. Trust me, people would love to have someone do something for them the old way. Besides, the smell of a new piece of paper cannot be exchanged for any mail, messenger or text message.
You have three options on this one:
- Message in a truck. Ladies, it is time for your ninja move! Go beyond the oldie but goodie “message in a bottle” note and go with a “message in a truck” one. If your husband had the opportunity to find a local CDL job, and he is most of the time at home, there goes your love plan. Thus, Valentine’s Day for truck drivers will be made amazing.
- Write a letter. On the other hand, if you are not able to do that and not see each other at all, write a letter. Writing a letter to someone is showing someone that you care. By the same token, it gives you a freedom to express your feelings until you touch his/hers, heart.
- Write a poem. Writing a poem for or to someone not only that will boost their self-confidence but it will make them feel special. You only need the idea, then you have complete freedom in deciding what to write. You can either create one, or you can rewrite it from some of the best poets, which describes him/her well.
2. Virtual Date for Valentine’s Day
You may not be able to talk in person and have a proper date, but you will always have the internet to connect you. I know it is hard for not being able to see each other but this may be fun too. Looking on the positive side, you are free to do anything you like. Additionally, turn your cameras on, and the date mode is on.
Unlike the old way of going to dinner and talk about this and that, you can make this time much interesting. For example:
- Play some games. In the same way, try some challenging kind, or some word game that will make your virtual date unique and different from the previous ones. Who knows, maybe this Valentine’s Day for truck drivers will turn into the best, you have ever had.
- Talk about something you never talked before. Tell each other the things you never did before. Talk about things that will bond you. Remind each other of the first date or the first kiss. Beautiful words will bond you more than you, especially in this situation.
Doing things differently, in these situations is important for beating the loneliness and keep the “I cannot do this anymore” thoughts away. Marriage is not just about being married and that is it. Sometimes, you have to make an effort and make this work, just like you do it in your job.
3. Watch a Movie on the Internet
As shown above, keeping things interesting while you are separated is crucial for any kind of marriage or a relationship. Despite the fact that you are not going to be able to see each other, you can be together, virtually. One of the best things about the internet is that you can watch a movie together.
On the positive side, if we did not have the internet, we would not be able to communicate. For instance, make a Skype or Facebook video call, and play the movie. To clarify, you can comment it, laugh at it etc.
Significantly, it will feel like you are home and holding arms. To clarify, the best part will be that you are watching it together. You can watch any genre you want. Albeit, you can even watch some of the best reality truck TV shows, it may be fun.
4. Bouquet Delivery on Valentine’s Day (For Her) – a Classic
Although hitting the endless roads is considered a lifestyle for truckers, flower delivery, on the other hand, is a class. Therefore, husbands, show appreciation on this day and surprise your lovely wives with bouquets. With attention to this, you will make Valentine’s day for truck drivers and wives special.
In the long run, some consider flower delivery as a cliché, on the contrary, it is one of the best ways to show respect. Thus you are also showing that you think of her, even though you are separated. With this intention, before you are headed to the highest of highways, take a moment to show appreciation to your loving wives.
P.S. Do not forget to write “I love you” card.
5. Make a Surprise with Your Presence
Make a maximum effort to see each other on this day. Having this kind of occupation makes the life of a truck driver often hard. Sometimes, if they are lucky, truck drives have their good days. With this in mind, you need to always plan things ahead. Truck drivers and their wives, need to communicate and plan things together.